[PROJ] PROJ grid files CDN

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Sep 13 07:46:28 PDT 2019

> On Sep 13, 2019, at 9:41 AM, Nikolaos Ves <vesnikos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Willing to help vs committed to help it is a big difference.
>
> I support such an idea, but not through a voluntary base, maybe through OSGeo somehow?

My email may not have been so clear. I can make the technical implementation of this proposal happen, but without community support of the idea, it would be wasted effort. It would also be impolite to simply dump code implementing this into the codebase without first having some community discussion about what it hopes to achieve. My email looks for feedback on the idea and whether it brings up any technical or cultural challenges.