[PROJ] A few PROJ Logo propositions

Duncan Agnew dagnew at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 18 08:52:59 PDT 2019

I'll add a vote in favor of 10B: it is simple, distinctive (I think), and
adequately suggestive--after all, there is only so much information you can
imply in a logo (even that the phi is a phi and this is a meaningful
variable). To get all of what is in proj, you'd need
glyphs for a a globe, a plane, and a time-dependent Helmert
transformation--along with the name. Maybe proj needs a seal
and a logo (see
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/uc-logo-fail-new-unpopular-design_n_2293610
for the difference, as well as
a case of logo design gone bad, from my own institution).

I like the tilted phi idea.

Duncan Agnew