[PROJ] PROJ 7.0.0RC1

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Feb 17 13:11:38 PST 2020

All,

We are closing in on the release date for PROJ 7.0.0 which means that it is time for a new round
of release candidates.

I have prepared release candidates for PROJ 7.0.0, proj-data-1.0, proj-datumgrid-oceania-1.2
 proj-datumgrid-europ-1.6 and proj-datumgrid-north-america-1.4.

Note that this marks the first release of the new proj-data package, which includes all available
resource files for PROJ. Gridded models come in the newly introduced Geodetic Tiff Grid format.
The content of the proj-data package is also available through https://cdn.proj.org/.

This also marks the last release of the proj-datumgrid series which has been superseded by
proj-data. The proj-datumgrid repository will be archive once PROJ 7.0.0 is released in its final
form. The proj-datumgrid packages are updated this last time to extent the lifetime of the PROJ 6
branch a little bit.

Since this is a major release version I expect there to be issues with the first release candidate.
My plan is to publish a second release candidate in a week's time around Monday the 24th. Please
make sure to test the release candidates where ever you depend on PROJ and report back your
findings.

The archives can be download from https://download.osgeo.org/proj/ as usual:

http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-7.0.0RC1.tar.gz
http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-7.0.0RC1.zip