[PROJ] Calling for 7.0.1 release

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Tue Mar 24 06:05:20 PDT 2020

Devrim,

Welcome to the list! We're always happy to hear from the packagers of PROJ.

As you may already be aware, the next release is scheduled for May 1st. I am
curious as to why this can't wait about a month to be dealt with? What are
the other packages that are blocked by this?

Ideally I would push out new packages maybe once a month but that is simply
not feasible for me to do. I can't set time aside that often to put out a new release.
We are currently doing bi-monthly releases which I think is rather frequent and
most importantly (to me) it fits my work schedule fairly well. With that said,
exceptions can be made, I just need the arguments to be convincing.

Best regards,
Kristian