[PROJ] Tie breakers used when ordering candidate operations

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:38:55 PST 2021

Hi list,

I'm after a quick summary of what tie-breakers are used to sort
candidate operations when a number of operations have the same
reported accuracy.

I have a vague recollection that one logic is that larger number
transforms are picked, .i.e. " WGS 84 to GDA2020 (3)" is picked over
"WGS 84 to GDA2020 (2)", but I may be mistaken!

Is anyone able to quickly summarise the sorting order of operations or
can direct me to the relevant part of the code for me to determine
this?

Thanks!
Nyall