[PROJ] About Argentinian geoid file

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun May 2 04:19:22 PDT 2021

Hi Javier,

funny a few months ago, I tweeted about that to get help from the
Argentinian community but that didn't lead to anywhere. And just a
couple days ago, I tried to reach someone who seemed to have been
related to Geoide-Ar16 but didn't hear back.

The clause "Se debe compartir de manera libre y gratuita." (" It must be
shared freely and for free." with free meaning costless here) is
problematic as open data licenses must allow for commercial use.

I'm afraid we'd need a contact within IGN Argentina that has sufficient
determination and influence internally so they can adopt a commonly used
open data license. Probably pointing that many other geodetic agencies
already do that could help.

Hint: if there are international instances/forums where national
agencies collaborate together, it would be good if someone from this
list that can speak in such forums could give an awareness talk about
the importance of using open data licensing :-)

Even