[PROJ] transofmrations test suite

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Fri Nov 26 07:49:52 PST 2021

Hello Filip

The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP), the group
which create and maintain the EPSG database, created the Geospatial
Integrity of Geoscience Software (GIGS) test suite. By coincidence they
just released version 2 this week: https://gigs.iogp.org/

The GIGS version 2 tests are published as a set CSV files (this is a
change compared to version 1, which was published as Microsoft Excel
files). Those tests are partially implemented in a separated project
which use GeoAPI [1] interfaces for executing those tests. GeoAPI is in
Java, but can be executed with PROJ using PROJ-JNI [2]. Actually a
branch of PROJ-JNI already execute part of the GIGS tests. I believe
that there is also some C/C++ code for executing some GIGS tests in PROJ
code base. The tests using GeoAPI has the advantage of being executable
on different implementations, which allow comparisons. The Java code for
the tests is at [3], but there is discussion for transferring this test
suite to IOGP if they are interested.

Note sure if it help, but just for information,

     Martin

[1]http://www.geoapi.org/
[2]https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ-JNI
[3]https://github.com/desruisseaux/GIGS