[PROJ] searching in the archive

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Oct 19 03:27:58 PDT 2021

Hi

On October 2021, in a thread in gdal mailing list about searching in the
list of posts, Jeff said:

"Hi Matt!

I just use Google search to query the archives:
- goto https://google.ca
- in the search box enter:    site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/
yoursearchterm

This may not always contain the latest archives (depending on the speed
of Google-mothership bots), but I find it very helpful.

-jeff"

That worked pretty well with gdal mailing list.

However it does not work so well with proj
I tried
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj+doxygen
"Your search - *site:lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj> doxygen* - did not match any
documents."   O_O

... I was looking for this post about doxygen
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj/2021-April/010207.html

Could be that we have something blocking the search bots? Or is Google just
ignoring me (I wouldn't be surprised)?
I looked at the "robots" html meta tags since lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj,
and it seems to be ok to me.

Thanks
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.