[PROJ] PROJ 9.0.0RC1 & PROJ-data 1.9RC1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 15 13:26:07 PST 2022

>> installing the "libgtest-dev" package will solve that if you want to
>> build & run the tests. Otherwise run cmake with -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF
>> to disable them
>
> This was not required before.
Yes, because for autoconf, there was no downloading capabilities so we
had to vendor googletest in the tree.
> test/unit/CMakeLists.txt causes the gtest download, but it seems
> already to be present in test/googletest, shouldn't that be used instead?

Actually we should have completely removed test/googletest/src and
test/googletest/include/gtest. They're a unused remain from autoconf era
(I've just confirmed that by removing them from my tree). The CMake
builds have never used them as far as I remember.