[PROJ] Fwd: some help with cm-level GRS80 to WGS-84 transformation?

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal kirk.waters at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 19 13:09:59 PST 2022

I'm sure others with more experience will jump in, but I think the main
issue here is that WGS84 is a family of reference frames that are all based
on the GRS80 ellipsoid. So, the problem doesn't exactly make sense and the
various realizations of WGS84 differ at the cm level. Are you perhaps
trying to go from a NAD83 realization (such as NAD83(2011)) to a WGS84
realization (maybe ITRF14
or something)?

Kirk Waters, PhD
NOAA Office for Coastal Management