[PROJ] about read the docs

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Fri Feb 3 10:26:03 PST 2023

On Fri, 3 Feb 2023 at 18:42, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Le 03/02/2023 à 18:30, Javier Jimenez Shaw a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > due to problems in https://proj.org,
> which problems ?

Search is not working in proj.org (https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/3549).
It does work in readthedocs, so Kristian suggested just to wait for the
migration.

> > I went to read documenation at https://osgeo-proj.readthedocs.io/ ...
> > and the surprise was that it redirected to https://pointcloud.org/ Is
> > that intentional (it looks like) and temporary?
> Yes, Howard is currently experimenting with RTD & DNS with a domain he
> has full control on to know what to ask exactly to OSGeo's DNS provider,
> so that ultimately proj.org can be aliased to the RTD version.

No problem about that, just wanted to confirm that it was under the radar.
Thanks Howard for doing that work. Testing with that domain is a good idea.

> > Another topic: in the applications, for instance
> > https://pointcloud.org/en/9.1/apps/projinfo.html , the parameters with
> > two dashes (like –spatial-test) appears with a single long dash,
> > instead of two dashes. Later below it appears correctly with two:
> > --spatial-test
> > I was confused (my memory is not great). I assume that the formatting
> > is done automatically, but it would be clearer with the actual symbol
> > in case anybody copy-pastes it.
>
> I see this is the same with the proj.org version, so not a RTD specific
> thing. Will be fixed per https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/3604

Thanks Even. Very quick fix!

I was going to see how the new option `smartquotes = False` changes the
format, and I realized that
there are no build tasks on the PR. Is that because of the "Doc:" in the
commit message?
(One motivation (not the only one) to move to readthedocs was to see the
documentation of the PRs?)

Cheers.
Javier