[PROJ] about read the docs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 3 09:42:53 PST 2023

Le 03/02/2023 à 18:30, Javier Jimenez Shaw a écrit :
> Hi
>
> due to problems in https://proj.org,
which problems ?
> I went to read documenation at https://osgeo-proj.readthedocs.io/ ...
> and the surprise was that it redirected to https://pointcloud.org/ Is
> that intentional (it looks like) and temporary?
Yes, Howard is currently experimenting with RTD & DNS with a domain he
has full control on to know what to ask exactly to OSGeo's DNS provider,
so that ultimately proj.org can be aliased to the RTD version.

> Another topic: in the applications, for instance
> https://pointcloud.org/en/9.1/apps/projinfo.html , the parameters with
> two dashes (like –spatial-test) appears with a single long dash,
> instead of two dashes. Later below it appears correctly with two:
> --spatial-test
> I was confused (my memory is not great). I assume that the formatting
> is done automatically, but it would be clearer with the actual symbol
> in case anybody copy-pastes it.

I see this is the same with the proj.org version, so not a RTD specific
thing. Will be fixed per https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/3604