[PROJ] Latitude of natural origin in Transverse Mercator

Ron Russell ronrussell902 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:16:33 PST 2023

Note that the National Grid of Great Britain also includes a False
Easting of 400km, to ensure that all coordinates in the system are positive.

There is also a Scale Factor on the Central Meridian (2 deg West) of
0.9996012717 to reduce the scale distortion at the extremes of the
projection. This means that the projected distance on the central
meridian is slightly too small, there are two two lines where the local
scale factor is 1.0 and outside these lines the lsf is greater that 1.0.

Regards,

Ron

Ron Russell
Tel : 01823 270308 email : ronrussell902 at gmail.com