[PROJ] about request #3246 - defining second CRS for EPSG6316 with area extend EPSG1148 and transformation EPSG6206 within PROJ for North Macedonia

support at mnspoint.com support at mnspoint.com
Mon Jan 23 00:35:47 PST 2023

Dear,

"In QGIS 3.26.0 version, , in list of Coordinate Reference Systems
(CRS), CRS with code EPSG 6316 doesn't cover area of North Macedonia.
With this, North Macedonian CRS based on EPSG 6316 parameters cannot be
used in QGIS. Situation should be same in all software which use proj
and epsg databases for CRS’s."

No, we do not have this issue, since we do not limit the "area of use"
of any projection-datum (the projection itself might have some
singularities and limits, but that is usual near poles, etc.)

Janne.