[PROJ] Fwd: Doubt about Lambert Conformal Conical inverse transformation

Joan Montolio Llenas joanmon91 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 08:02:54 PDT 2023

Hello, good afternoon,

My name is Joan Montolio Llenas, and I would like to share with you a
little doubt concerning an inverse transformation of coordinates that I
want to perform from "Lambert Conformal Conical" (y,x) coordinates to
(lat,lon) ones.

I am using the "pyproj.Proj()" function to define the features of the "lcc"
projection. The features of the "lcc" projection that I am considering are
these:

lat_0 : reference latitude of the projection
lon_0 : reference longitude of the projection
latC : latitude of domain center
lonC: longitude of domain center

The problem that I have is that I can't specify "lon_0" as a parameter in
the "pyproj.Proj()" function. Note that my "lon_0" does not have the same
meaning as the "lon_0" appearing as a parameter in the function. The first
represents the "reference longitude of the projection" and the latter is
the "longitude of projection center" (which is my "lonC").

To better understand my situation, I send you the link to a web page (
https://hirlam.github.io/nwptools/domain.html) where you can visualize the
domain of the "lcc" projection that I am considering. I send you in this
image the configuration of my "lcc" projection:
https://pasteboard.co/h9QXQnKCkFag.png

Note that "lon_0" and "LonC" take different values.

I was wondering if there is some way to specify the longitude of reference
within the "pyproj.Proj()" function. I would be glad if you could give me a
hand with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joan