[PROJ] GitHub changed their RSA SSH host key

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Fri Mar 24 03:01:21 PDT 2023

Hi

In case you use GitHub (for PROJ or anything else) this may be interesting
for you:
https://github.blog/2023-03-23-we-updated-our-rsa-ssh-host-key/

First paragraph:
At approximately 05:00 UTC on March 24, out of an abundance of caution, we
replaced our RSA SSH host key used to secure Git operations for GitHub.com.
We did this to protect our users from any chance of an adversary
impersonating GitHub or eavesdropping on their Git operations over SSH.
This key does not grant access to GitHub’s infrastructure or customer data.
This change only impacts Git operations over SSH using RSA. Web traffic to
GitHub.com and HTTPS Git operations are not affected.

Is there action needed in OSGeo repos?

Cheers,
Javier.