[PROJ] Projection with angle

Jose Gonçalves jagoncal at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:26:44 PDT 2023

You can use the Lambert Conformal Conic projection with a central longitude
far from the projected area. You must choose one or two standard parallels
in your area. For example, if you are projecting points (0E,35N) and
(0E,45N) and use standard parallel 40N and a central longitude of 60E:

proj +ellps=GRS80 +proj=lcc +lat_1=40 +lon_0=60

you get:

-5091780.82     1225856.77
-4398673.66     2095115.48

The projection makes a rotation of the meridian proportional to the
longitude difference from the central longitude. You can choose +lon_0
according to the rotation you want. Check the formula in some documentation
about the LCC projection, or try it empirically.

Regards

José Gonçalves