[PROJ] PROJ 9.3.0 EPSG behavior on debian:sid versus osgeo/proj image

David Hoese dhoese at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 16:42:30 PDT 2023

Yeah I can understand the nervousness on that fix. It feels very much like the code is just saying "Oh I don't have any good information on this CRS, so let's just assume it matches everything". If it wasn't for the API description of the 70% confidence then it would make sense to me to not include this patch. Whether you merge that or not, thanks for putting the work in to at least identify the issue.

As for the difference in environments, I think you're right. I think I was overwriting a previous pyproj installation I had tested with and a `PROJ_DATA` directory was sticking around pointing to the 9.2.x database and therefore not finding the newly matching EPSG code. When I removed the internal pyproj proj data directory the EPSG code was found.

Dave