[PROJ] Motion: add Javier Jiménez Shaw to PROJ PSC

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Sep 16 04:25:49 PDT 2023

Hi,

I would like to nominate Javier Jiménez Shaw for PROJ PSC membership.
Javier has been involved with PROJ for quite a time now, and is a
passionate about CRS. He has authored several commits to the code base.
He has contributed PROJ CRS explorer (https://crs-explorer.proj.org/) to
our ecosystem, and has given several CRS related talks at conferences
(FOSSGIS, FOSS4G), including a talk on advanced uses for site
calibration using PROJ and WKT2. He has helped extending the content
available in PROJ-data (which involves a lot of tenacity to educate
geodetic agencies about what an open data license is and why it is
needed...). He also interacts with the standardization groups at OGC /
IOGP to advance interoperability.

Starting with my +1