[PROJ] error several objects matching this name

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 18 05:45:16 PDT 2024

Hi,

Approximate name matching was voluntarily restricted in 9.2.0 per
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/commit/15a7cbeb124096b38e40f33202c5ba38f8e13a02
to avoid false positives in certain cases. I'm not sure why you get here
starting with 9.1.1 though

Trying with 9.1.0, I see

$ ~/proj/install-proj-9.1.0/bin/projinfo GK4
input string: parsing of user string failed: several objects matching
this name: Pulkovo 1995 / Gauss-Kruger CM 45E, Pulkovo 1942 /
Gauss-Kruger CM 45E, Pulkovo 1942 / 3-degree Gauss-Kruger CM 42E,
Pulkovo 1942 / 3-degree Gauss-Kruger CM 45E, Pulkovo 1942 / 3-degree
Gauss-Kruger CM 48E, ...

I'm not even sure to understand how that would match GK4...

Perhaps try with "Gauss-Kruger" or "Gauss-Kruger CM 4"

Even