[PROJ] error several objects matching this name

Michael Behrisch oss at behrisch.de
Mon Mar 18 01:26:08 PDT 2024

Hi,
I try to convert data from the Gauss-Krueger-System using pyproj.
This worked well until pyproj 3.2.1 using code like prj =
pyproj.Proj("GK4"). Newer versions give me the error as mentioned in the
subject (pyproj 3.3.0) or even "unrecognized format / unknown name"
(pyproj 3.6.0). Since I get the error from the subject also when using
projinfo (9.1.1 on ubuntu 22.04) I decided to ask here whether there are
any means to get a fallback to the old behavior?

Thank you for providing this very useful library!

Best regards,
Michael