[Proj4j] Re: Updoming Workn on Proj4J

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Wed May 23 13:30:30 EDT 2012

I would LOVE a Maven build of proj4j.  Just saying. :-)   It'd be so
easy to have builds pushed up to the maven central repository for the
world to use.

I could probably help out as I've done this type of work a lot.  I can't
commit to being available to help due to so many other commitments on my
plate.  I had actually hoped to just provide the patches attached to
this ticket. http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/ticket/18 :-(

Maybe I can try to make some time if other people really want this.

Tim

On 23/05/2012 2:21 PM, Landon Blake wrote:
> I'd have to check on the OSGeo support for an automatic build. I've
> never set one up, but I need to learn, so this would be a good
> opportunity.
>
> I'll admit I'm not a Maven user. It scares me. :] I still just use a
> simple Ant build file.
>
> I can start us with a simple ant build file and a Jar(s) for download,
> while I'm checking on the automatic build support. I'll do this on my
> vacation before I start any work on a GUI.
>
> Landon
>
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Martin Davis<mtnclimb at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Yup, the ticket list should be up-to-date.
>>
>> Excellent point about the need for a download.  Mavenizing the project
>> might be nice, too.  Does OSGEo have a buildbot that we can use to
>> build release versions automatically?
>>
>> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Landon Blake
>> <sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Thanks for the feedback Martin. Your suggestion about the globe
>>> projection preview is quite interesting. I suppose I'd have to figure
>>> out how I could steal some of the display components from OJ. That
>>> would involve ripping out the LayerViewPanel and its supporting
>>> classes. This would be a great "stand-alone" component, but it would
>>> also be a bit of work. :]
>>>
>>> I definitely believe a CRS registry viewer is an important tool, and
>>> it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into a GUI.
>>>
>>> My plan is to have a simple GUI front-end for Proj4J. This will allow
>>> me to (1) learn about the Proj4J library and (2) test out my first
>>> project with Netbeans RCP.
>>>
>>> I'll start with shapefile support, but would like to add support for
>>> additional file types like WKT and GPX. I think a simple front-end
>>> would increase support for the library.
>>>
>>> Is the list here up to date?:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/query?status=%21closed&order=id&desc=1&type=enhancement
>>>
>>> If so, I can work on a couple of the items. I note there is a ticket
>>> for a GUI. I can incorporate some of the comments from it in my work.
>>>
>>> I also note this page indicates no build of the library is available
>>> for download:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/
>>>
>>> Would you have any objections to getting a build online for download?
>>> It seems like this should be done before work on a GUI.
>>>
>>> I know you are busy. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
>>>
>>> Landon

Timothy Astle, BCS
Web Development Manager

*CARIS* <http://www.caris.com>
115 Waggoners Lane
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Canada    E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533     Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com <http://www.caris.com>

*Join us for CARIS 2012 --- Exploration and Discovery*
June 25--28, 2012, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Visit www.caris.com/caris2012 <http://www.caris.com/caris2012> for
details today

*Connect with CARIS*
Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/CARIS_GIS> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3217878> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/CARIS-The-Marine-GIS-Experts/123907500987669?v=app_4949752878>
| YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/CARISGIS>

Download your free copy of CARIS Easy View today!
www.caris.com/easyview <http://www.caris.com/easyview>

intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use,
disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding
contract will result from this email until such time as a written
document is signed on behalf of the company.