[Projects] OGC products list

blammo bbasques at sharedgeo.org
Fri Oct 24 08:43:37 PDT 2014

All,

How would/should this situation work:

  *

        GeoMoose has it's own WMS/WFS client tool set for working with
        OGC services directly.  This is in a preconfigured
        (get[Map/Legend/Features], etc) mode only, no get
        getCapabilities, evaluation tools.

  *

        It's also built on top of OpenLayers, which does about the same
        thing.

  *

        It can be configured to use MapServer as a WMS client and Server.

So, GeoMOOSE is as OGC compliant as OpenLayers and MapServer or ??

I guess my question is do we as GeoMOOSE developers even worry about it
at all, or just report on what I just typed here and let OSGeo take it
from there?  We tend to just use the things that work, OGC standards
have worked for a long time in GeoMOOSE, in the manner described, as I'm
sure they have in other OSGeo projects.

bobb

Bob Basques
bbasques at sharedgeo.org