[Pywps-dev] [ GSOC 2014 ] Database output storage idea.

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at geosense.cz
Mon Mar 10 16:31:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 01:02:08AM +0530, Naveen Panwar wrote:
>    Respected Sir,
>
>    As you suggested in previous mail I have gone through Pywps [1]Cookbook
>    Documentation[1].  As there are three types of inputs and outputs are
>    defined in the OGC standard: LiteralData, ComplexData, BoundingBox data.
>    But as you mentioned we have to take care of ComplexData.

Not true: also literal and bbox data can be stored in database (but they are
much simplier task to be done thought).

>    Currently ComplexData data store in two manner, One with xml as GML
>    format, Second with binary raster data encoded in base64.
>    these data stored as a file in system. Now we need database for the better
>    access and availability.
>
>    I following questions in my mind.
>
>    1. Do we have write database module so that user can configure there own
>    database server by providing db URL and user credential, like standard db
>    connectivity ?

This case

>    2. Or we have to design our own database and provide db connection object
>    to user, so that they can write to the DB ?

User should be able to setup everything using configuration file.

>    3. How are we supposed to store the data in DB as both vector and raster
>    data present in different format ?

PostGIS should do this. SQLite has support for some raster formats as well

>    4. What kind of database support do we need ? Relational DB(PostgreSQL,
>    MySQL) or NOSql DB (as we have Cassandra by pycassa ) ?

PostgreSQL/PostGIS, SQLite for the first steps. NOSql you nemntioned at the
second.

>    5. What should be the schema of the database ? is it predefine or define
>    by the user ?

User should define, which schema schould be used.

>    and last but not the least when will be next hangout 13 march or 26 march
>    ? sorry bit confuse.

sorry for the mess

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140313T20&ah=1

we are still aranging, how to define timeslots

e-mail: jachym.cepicky at geosense cz
PGP: http://les-ejk.cz/pgp/JachymCepicky.pgp
@jachymc