[Pywps-dev] [ GSOC 2014 ] Database output storage idea.

Naveen Panwar panwarn09 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 12:32:08 PDT 2014

Respected Sir,

As you suggested in previous mail I have gone through Pywps Cookbook
Documentation<http://netmar.nersc.no/sites/netmar.nersc.no/files/D7.7_WPS_Cookbook_r1_20111229.pdf>[1].
As there are three types of inputs and outputs are defined in the OGC
standard: LiteralData, ComplexData, BoundingBox data. But as you mentioned
we have to take care of ComplexData.

Currently ComplexData data store in two manner, One with xml as GML format,
Second with binary raster data encoded in base64.
these data stored as a file in system. Now we need database for the better
access and availability.

I following questions in my mind.

1. Do we have write database module so that user can configure there own
database server by providing db URL and user credential, like standard db
connectivity ?

2. Or we have to design our own database and provide db connection object
to user, so that they can write to the DB ?

3. How are we supposed to store the data in DB as both vector and raster
data present in different format ?

4. What kind of database support do we need ? Relational DB(PostgreSQL,
MySQL) or NOSql DB (as we have Cassandra by pycassa ) ?

5. What should be the *schema *of the database ? is it predefine or define
by the user ?

and last but not the least when will be next hangout 13 march or 26 march ?
sorry bit confuse.

[1] -