[Pywps-dev] PyWPS support for ExecuteResponseLocation, providing process status

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Mon Apr 25 01:44:36 PDT 2016

Thanks, now I understand your issue. I was a bit confused because you mentioned the getCapabilities URL related to the ExceptionReport. The URL of the statusLocation (like http://localhost/wps/3c7e38b6-06e0-11e6-8f17-0242ac190008.xml in your example) should not be handled by PyWPS at all. Could you define an other folder for the output files that is not related to /wps at all in your configuration file? Otherwise it would be useful to see your PyWPS config file and the config snippets from the webserver you are using.

Cheers,
Jonas

----- Am 21. Apr 2016 um 17:33 schrieb Robin Skahjem-Eriksen <skahjem-eriksen at stcorp.no>:

Thank you for suggesting a clarification of where we are.

You are completely correct, except for the last part:

> "If you go afterwards to the URL mentioned in the statusLocation attribute you should see the process running, failed or succeeded."

This is what I was hoping for, but the problem is that I am getting an inexplicable exception:

<!-- PyWPS 4.0.0-alpha2 -->

<ows:ExceptionReport xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1 http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd" version="1.0.0">
<ows:Exception exceptionCode="MissingParameterValue" locator="service">
<ows:ExceptionText>service
</ows:ExceptionText>
</ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

It looks like the request for the statusLocation URL is handled like a standard WPS request and not a simple static file request.