[Pywps-dev] GeoPython conference

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Tue Mar 8 00:16:49 PST 2016

- Python language is easy to learn
- free in using your favourite libraries for reading/writing data (no requirement made by PyWPS)
- using any kind of Python libraries in the process (GDAL/OGR, shapely, fiona, Pandas, rpy2, ...)
- link to other GIS and statistical languages (GRASS GIS, R statistics using rpy2 library)
- PyWPS can be extended / adjusted to user's needs by just using Python language

Cheers,
Jonas