[Pywps-dev] [GSoC] Web-based administration...

Jan Rudolf rudolja1 at fit.cvut.cz
Mon May 2 13:33:38 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I ran PyWPS and the demo application on my computer, read almost all
documentation text, and want to discuss:

1. In the demo application - there should be available /wpsadmin page
and others /wpspadmin/* (declared in demo.py), there is an error, I
added rest_app.debug = True after the Flask initialization (line 94 in
demo.py) and there is rest.html template missing. Can you add it,
please?

2. I first thought (before I was looking into code), that the
user/administrator just need to install PyWPS (and other libraries) and
set up Apache (or any other server) to some entry point and he is done.
Is the user/administrator need to make some script like demo.py with the
declaration of all URLs and so on? Or is it also going to be the purpose
of my work, because I will be creating web administration for it, is it
suppose to be built-in into PyWPS library?

3. I ran search about controlling processes through Python - found a way
through the combination of  multiprocessing and psutil, but they are
already there, but also in demo.py. Should be integrated into PyWPS?

Thank you, Jan Rudolf