[Pywps-dev] [GSoC] Web-based administration...

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed May 4 03:30:04 PDT 2016

Hi Jan,

first of all, I suggest, you go on with the 65_maxoperations branch, where
basis for the administration interface is set and described in my mail
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pywps-dev/2016-April/000624.html

I've added sample wsgi script (wsgi directory) to the branch, which works
with my Apache configuration. If I understand it correctly, flask is not
good, when you need to run several threads in one incetance - it can not
handle it (therefore there are some attempts with starting flask on
different ports - bad solution IMHO)

The demo is there, so you can run your local instance of PyWPS with flask
server.

rest.html was removed by @Calin (cced)
https://github.com/PyWPS/pywps-4-demo/commits/master/templates - maybe he
could tell us, why that?

In 65_maxoperations, processes are controlled with metadata stored in
sqlite database - they are running using multiprocessing package - it
chould be clear from pywps/app/Process.py

I would like you to do application, which is part of PyWPS distribution,
wich uses REST interface for process control (maybe you can re-use some of
Calin's work) and ideally provides WEB UI  too

ehm, I hope, I clarified at least some of your questions - if not, please
keep pinging me