[Pywps-dev] [GSoC] Web-based administration plans (and RESTful services)

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at gmx.de
Fri May 6 00:34:44 PDT 2016

Hi all,

thank you Jan for taking this issue into discussion.

> Jachym: I would like you to do application, which is part of PyWPS distribution,
> wich uses REST interface for process control (maybe you can re-use some of
> Calin's work) and ideally provides WEB UI too

I fully agree with this. The RESTful services should be part of PyWPS and not be specified in the demo.py file.

I love the way the istSOS project has done this: Any data and configuration is provided with RESTful services and even the web-based administration interface uses this services to administer the instances. So it is quite easy to discover how the services are used and use these requests in own environments (e.g., automated scripts to create new SOS instances). There has been an overview of these RESTful endpoints provided, but I cannot find it anymore.

Can we benefit from the way istSOS is providing the RESTful services or are there any other ideas how to best implement these services?

Cheers,
Jonas