[Pywps-dev] [GSOC] First week & my progress

Jan Rudolf rudolja1 at fit.cvut.cz
Sat May 21 14:14:11 PDT 2016

Hello,

I want to inform you about my status: my semester in school ends
tomorrow. I've got final exams from Graph algorithms this Thursday and
from Linear algebra a week after. Hope, I make it without problems
(these two are the hardest), the rest will be ok/not that time
consuming.

Jachym specified top 4 goals for me on IRC meeting:
step 1: you get PyWPS up and running and you will be able to run several
asynchronous processes on your computer
step 2: find out, what is the python way to control (and if possible) in
background running processes
step 3: create API (rest) for this controlling
step 4: if there is time, create web UI

I have working PyWPS with Apache on my computer. Don't know if it's the
case, that I have Mac OS, but I had a little bit trouble to set up
according to Github - so I can check it later on Ubuntu for example
and/or make a manual for Mac. So step 1 is done.

Next is step 2. I would like to in next week or two create demonstrative
applications (not interfering PyWPS repo) about possibilities of the
control of processes in Python (with the focus on our functionality) as
template cases for an integration into PyWPS source code. Then
integration, REST API, so on...

All the best, Jan Rudolf