[Pywps-dev] Dynamic IPs for polling and results requests.

Matthieu Melcot matthieu.melcot at spaceapplications.com
Mon Oct 17 02:22:49 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm using PyWPS 3.2.4 that I containerized into Docker Containers to run
into Mesos Marathon.

The external IP's and ports of my WPS Servers are therefore dynamic for
being assigned by the Marathon framework.

I am able to send a GetCapabilities or Execute requests to these
distributed WPS Servers in the Cluster since I know the 'public' IPs and
ports. However the XML documents sent back to the client by the PyWPS
servers contain 'polling' and 'results' IPs refering to the values set
in 'pywps.cfg' (and not the IP and port used by the client to
communicate with the server).

For example:
[wps]

serveraddress=http://172.16.10.40

[wps]
serveraddress=http://172.16.10.40/wps/wpsoutputs/

Thus, the problem arise once it gets to poll for the end of the execution.

How can I configure PyWPS to force it to provides polling and results
URLs on the same public URLs that the client request?

Matthieu