[Pywps-dev] Dynamic IPs for polling and results requests.

Matthieu Melcot matthieu.melcot at spaceapplications.com
Mon Oct 17 03:55:18 PDT 2016

Hi Luis,

Thanks for this answer.

It is indeed not easy to keep trace of the ports/IP in our architecture
since the cluster and the up and down of the WPS Servers is quite
dynamic (managed by Mesos) and undeterministic.

I wonder if PyWPS 4 would provide a better support for that kind of
questions...

Another way was to 'hook' at the WSGI level, in order to catch the
calling messages, and update the wpsserver.conf with a 'sed' accordingly...
But I didn't succeed to get this information in the messages coming into
the WSGI application...

Regards,

Matthieu

On 10/17/2016 12:04 PM, Luí­s de Sousa wrote:
> Hi Matthieu,
>
> Unfortunately, this is not possible with the configuration files. It
> is possible to tweak the PyWPS code to behave in that way, but this
> might not be the simplest way.
>
> My advice is to give a name to that server and keep the entry up to
> date in your DNS. That is likely the simplest way of running a PyWPS
> server with a dynamic IP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luís

Matthieu Melcot
Software Engineer

Space Applications Services NV/SA
Leuvensesteenweg 325, 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
Direct: +32-(0)2-416.05.35
Main: +32-(0)2-721.54.84 Fax: +32-(0)2-721.54.44
www.spaceapplications.com