[Pywps-dev] copyright and authorship

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Tue Sep 27 00:02:51 PDT 2016

Hi to all

I have been a bit busy thing week wil have more time to look at it
during the week and weekend.  I did my voting below the same as Jachym.
Concerning the flake8 it is very likely that a high number of lines will
have to be formated, before flake8 it is better to have accepted all
pull requests and then proceed with the changes.

Jorge

On 26-09-16 21:11, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi Jorge,
>
> thank you for your effort, more from my side lower
>
> Generic feeling: this should be documented step and we as PSC should
> vote on this and put the decision as official RFC,
> see http://pywps.org/development/rfcs/
>
> po 19. 9. 2016 v 4:00 odesílatel Mendes de Jesus, Jorge
> <jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl <mailto:jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl>> napsal:
>
>     Hi to all
>

>     I am looking at adding the copyright and authorship to the pywps
>     code (headers on python code). I am currently working on my branch
>     [0] and Tom suggested that I send an email for consensus on the
>     topics bellow
>

>     1) Adding  GLP for pywps 3.2 and MIT for pywps4
>

> +1
    +1

 0

>     3) Pywps 4.0 author claim (next weekend)
>
>     I will set up a table with file name and authors, for people to
>     comment and claim ownership. I am more or less assuming that if
>     you haven't indicate your name in the code than the code was
>     mainly done by Jachym.
>

> :-) As I'm writing more upper, I do not think, __author__ is  relevant
> info - in some projects, there can be less then 5% of the original
> code done by the __author__
>

>     4) I have added some indication on XML/HTML/Javascript what
>     license is being used, I was wondering if this is also necessary
>     for templates and other text files ???
>

> We (me and Tom) agreed, that the docs could be creative commons, other
> files (templates, ...), if part of the code, should have license info too

+1

>     5) I will pass all code in flake8 and fix it
>

> +1
  +1

> Thank you!

ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950
Skype: jorge.de.jesus (Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus)
OpenPGPKey: 0xA3D0065A