[work] Re: [Qgis-community-team] manual conventions

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jun 4 17:17:20 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

Am Mittwoch, den 04.06.2008, 13:51 -0700 schrieb Tara Athan:
> Otto-  We don't know precisely what the version 1.0 GUI will look like,
> but there are certain things we can be sure of.  For example, a checkbox
> option will have a box, either empty or with a mark in it, and a label.
> So the style for a checkbox item would include a "checkbox icon" - which
> could be a graphic or latex generated - and then the label. I have
> modified the checkbox style in conventions.tex to show what I mean.

I saw it and yes, very good! I think this is already a quite nice
solution for the checkbox. Maybe others have more ideas how to
define/improve the other styles.

> The shadowbox idea is interesting - we would want to explain in the
> foreword that the shadow means clickable. It does make the items stand
> out. However the text in the button is shifted up so much that, to my
> eye, it interupts the text flow.   Is there anyway to adjust the shadow
> so it is not quite so dramatic? Or perhaps adjust the vertical spacing?
> I can't remember the command to shift something down below the baseline.

I agree, we would need to shift down the shadowbox. I don't know how to
do this, but I think it is possible to define it somehow.

regards,
  Otto