[work] Re: [Qgis-community-team] manual conventions

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Wed Jun 4 16:51:56 EDT 2008

Otto-  We don't know precisely what the version 1.0 GUI will look like,
but there are certain things we can be sure of.  For example, a checkbox
option will have a box, either empty or with a mark in it, and a label.
So the style for a checkbox item would include a "checkbox icon" - which
could be a graphic or latex generated - and then the label. I have
modified the checkbox style in conventions.tex to show what I mean.

The shadowbox idea is interesting - we would want to explain in the
foreword that the shadow means clickable. It does make the items stand
out. However the text in the button is shifted up so much that, to my
eye, it interupts the text flow.   Is there anyway to adjust the shadow
so it is not quite so dramatic? Or perhaps adjust the vertical spacing?
I can't remember the command to shift something down below the baseline.

Tara