[Qgis-community-team] dialog, toobtn macro and icons

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Thu Jun 5 09:56:35 EDT 2008

Re: dialog macro

Let me see if I understand:

 >a tool button would be things like Pan Map or Zoom In, where the
result of clicking includes changing the mouse icon, or Zoom Last, where
the result of clicking triggers an immediate action.

 >a dialog would be things like Print, that open a popup for further
entries.

*** Is this correct?

At present, these items have a similar appearance in the GUI -
*** could that conceivably change in the future?
If so, it seems like a good idea to make a separate macro.

The current appearance of both is an icon and a tool tip. The icon is
the permanent part of the display and the tool tip only appears with a
hover, so I would think it is important to include the icon. Presently,
only the toolbox macro is set up to require an icon.

*** Should we also change toolbtn to have two arguments, one for the
icon and one for the label?

Tara