[Qgis-community-team] macros for GUI and text

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Thu Jun 5 11:11:30 EDT 2008

There are two groups of conventions- those that reproduce the appearance
of GUI items, and those that use fonts to distinguish between different
text items.

The GUI-related macros will be just as simple or complex as the GUI itself.
I am fine with using the same macro for dialog and toolbtn.
Toolbox, as in the GRASS toolbox, is very different (see last e-mail
with subject conventions)

Regarding the text items, perhaps we can simplify these, or separate
some of them.  A new user is probably not going to need the conventions
for class and method, and I have yet to see where server and sqltable
come up. I just copied these from Gary's macros. I would prefer not to
put boxes around these, and there are only so many fonts and styles to use.

Regarding the \url style.  This appears to be a built-in style that
creates a hyperlink in the HTML. However, in the pdf version, the
hyperlinks are not active. Is this a deficiency in the conversion
process?  And is it possible to change the appearance of the links (say,
underlined)?

Tara