[Qgis-community-team] conventions

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Jun 5 16:43:22 EDT 2008

Hi Tara

One thing I would suggest is to always use the exact same icon names
as used in qgis/images/themes/default/ so that any future changes to
the icons can be sychronised to the manual simply by copying over the
icons from the source tree into the manual tree. Ditto for the grass
icons.

with regards to ui changes, I would suggest getting hold of a snapshot
of the code from trunk (perhaps Marco Pasetti can help you with a
snapshot build for win on an occasional basis). i have already made
many revisions to the ui for the upcoming 0.11.0 release - mainly with
an eye towards visual consistancy and general cleanups. Around about
the 15th of this month we will enter feature freeze and I will try as
much as possible to refrain from making further ui changes in the run
up to releasing 1.0. Where such changes are unavoidable (labelling and
composer will be two such cases) we will try to keep you informed as
to what needs updating.

best regards

Tim