[Qgis-community-team] Re: [Qgis-user] manual revision

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 14:56:50 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 06.06.2008, 19:57 +0200 schrieb Werner Macho:
> hi!
>
> i checked out the qgis manual again today - and tried "make" under linux
> and to opened the user_guide.tex with kile but nothing worked. i wanted
> to check chapter 11-13 but to be honest if i can't compile it and look
> at it it would be hard to change anything ..

for me under ubuntu "make" works well, but I agree there are problems
using kile, because it uses pdflatex. The Makefile 1. creates a dvi file
and then runs dvipdf.

> the pdf produced by linux "make" looks a bit "strange" without any
> pictures in it - and the dvi looks a bit better but ... well i dont
> expect the mannual to look like that ..
>
> especially the conventions.tex file produces a lot of compile stops like

hmm, make pdf works fine for me either. Maybe try a make clean and start
again.

> ) [3] (./conventions.tex
> ! Missing number, treated as zero.
> <to be read again>
>                    [
> l.125 \item Menu Option: \mainmenuopt{Layer}
>                                              > %
> ?
>
> i dont think that it is ok so .. have i missed some advice on the
> mailing list or is something wrong with the current trunk user_guide tex
> version?
>
> hope anyone can give me an advice where to search..
>
> and .. I'm working under linux most time .. and to be honest - i didn't
> try it at windows until now.

please try again, maybe others can test as well under linux and windows,
but for me (ubuntu linux) everything works well :-(.

regards,
 Otto