[Qgis-community-team] Re: backup of qgis.org

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Jun 11 04:17:42 EDT 2008

Hi Stephan,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:22:43 +0200
Stephan Reber <stephan.reber at sr-gis.de> wrote:

> Hi Otto,
>
> I have recieved the data of qgis.org from Tim (Thanks, everything worked
> fine!). The old template is copied to Joomla. Now I want to install the
> backup of the qgis.org. Can I get access to MySQL or can I send the file
> to you for installing the backup? Then I can rearrange the content and
> put a first menu to the website.

looking at the web backup size this morning, it seems that the import of the
"old" qgis.org database into mysql on went well on xblade14-2.

> About the user map I must say, that I have not worked with OpenLayers
> until now. This is a point where I will need some help. And I like the
> idea of using data of OSM for the user map.

There was a mail I forwarded to you from Paolo Cavallini about the usermap
on Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:11:20 and there are more ideas as well - I will add them
to the wiki as soon as we have write access again. After you reviewed the
content, etc. we start to find a solution for it.

> I put the website offline with a comment, the QGIS logo and a link to
> qgis.org. I think it is nicer than a fragment of the website. In the
> next days I will have more time. So I think there will be progress of
> the website.

thanks a lot