[Qgis-community-team] macros, example dataset

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu May 8 03:14:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 07 May 2008 08:22:58 -0700
Tara Athan <tara_athan at alt2is.com> wrote:

> These macros from Gary are a good headstart. If we discover other
> categories, we can use these as a template.

ok, good - I added Gary's macros but would need the \cornersize definition for
the \toolbtn and \button command, too?

> A question for you latex gurus - Is it possible to include icons, such
> as the icons for GRASS modules, in a macro for an inline style, or would
> these need to be specified manually? The idea would be if the writer
> refers to a tool having an icon, this icon is automatically included.

I don't know, does anybody have a solution for this? I also think it would be
pretty complicated to use, because you would need to lookup (or know) the whole
icon list, which includes almost 100 at the moment.

> Now let me bring up a more challenging issue- a dataset for examples.
> I would like to see a complete dataset with data in many formats, all in
> the same location.
> All examples in the manual would then use the same dataset.
>
> I have no preference to the location - we could build from the Alaska
> dataset by adding files in different formats (GRASS, etc), or if someone
> has a better idea, I am willing to consider it.

we could keep alaska, and try to extend the data for the whole country with vmap
(don't know what is in there). For a smaller, interesting region we could also
include srtm, landsat etc. Maybe there are other (official) free data available?
It would also be nice to have some OGC (WMS,WFS) servers available.

 Otto