[Qgis-community-team] SVN and documentation

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Sat May 24 04:49:10 EDT 2008

Hallo Tara,

Tara Athan <tara_athan at alt2is.com>, [20080523 - 23:14:49]

> Otto Dassau wrote:
> > Step 1) checkout from svn:
> >
> > Step 2) edit latex files:
> > - change into trunk: \xxx\Tara\Desktop\qgis-docs\user_guide
> What is the meaning of this path? Is there supposed to be a directory
> in the repository called qgis-docs, or am I supposed to create one? I
> just don't understand the purpose of this step.

Normaly you should get a complete structure of the document when
checking our from SVN.

I did a complete checkout and I have the following structure:

qgis-docs

|-- branches
|   |-- 0.8.0
|   |   `-- german

[...]

|   |-- 0.9.0
|   |   |-- french
[...]
|   `-- 0.9.1
|       |-- german
[...]
|-- tags
|   |-- 0.7_install_guide
|   |-- 0.7_user_guide
|   |-- 0.8.0_install_guide
|   |-- 0.8.0_user_guide
|   |-- 0.9.0_brochure
|   |-- 0.9.0_user_guide
|   `-- 0.9.1_user_guide
`-- trunk
    `-- english_us
        |-- brochure
        |   `-- images
        `-- user_guide

This is somewhat reduced, but it reflects the structure of the
repository.

You should work on trunk since this is the master-document.

btw, I like to share my time with working on the documentation, but I
am not sure what the next steps are.

I am not sure if the trunk reflects the current working status though.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998