[Qgis-community-team] help with manual revision

Tara Athan tara_athan at alt2is.com
Sat May 24 12:26:28 EDT 2008

For all who are interested in helping with the manual revision, I am
posting tasks in two places:
1. the Manual Management Page
(http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ManualManagement)
2. tickets in Trac. To find these, view all tickets, sort by Component
and .scroll down to the Documentation and Help tickets.

The Manual Management Page will have the "big picture" and the trac
tickets will have the details and status. I am hoping that, with your
help, I can keep these two sufficiently complete and synchronized so
contributors know how to help.

I do need a lot of help because so far I am have not been able to figure
out how to
1. compile the manual in latex ( I am now downloading the complete
MikTeX package as the basic package didn't have everything that was
needed - it looks like it may take an hour or so to download over my
broadband connection!!!)
2. commit to SVN (I am supposed to have permissions to commit, but when
I tried to create a directory the commit was rejected)

My feeling so far is that the obstacles to a generic community member,
especially anyone with a Windows platform, contributing to the
documentation are HUGE!

Tara