[Qgis-community-team] more latex questions

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun May 25 19:15:42 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

On Sun, 25. May 2008 at 13:50:37 -0700, Tara Athan wrote:
> After installing the complete MikTex package (12 hour download, >1GB
> installed #$@&!!!) I managed to use TexMaker to compile the manual, sort of.
>
> It shows 110 errors, mostly graphics that it can't find although I
> downloaded the whole directory from SVN, and a total of 295 errors,
> warnings, badboxes, etc.

Guess you are currently supposed to use `make' to build the user guide.
You just run `make' and it builds eps files (encapsulated PostScript)
from the pngs from the repository using ImageMagick's convert, runs
latex once, bibtex twice and then reruns latex until all references
settle, finally it runs makeindex (see Makefile for details).

The graphics are missing because you missed the convert step and the
citation because of the bibtex step.

Unfortunately I don't run LaTeX on Windows - and if needed to I'd
probably check if cygwin had TeX - so I can't help with MikTex or
TexMaker. Sorry.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-0

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden