[work] Re: [Qgis-community-team] editors list

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Wed Oct 22 02:46:14 EDT 2008

Hi Tara,

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:36:33 -0700
Tara Athan <tara_athan at alt2is.com> wrote:

> Another administrative question: in the forward, we say that the latest
> version of the documentation can be obtained from
> http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/doc/manual/
>
> But this directory only contains pdf, not html.
> Can we also add the html tarballs to this directory?

yes, but I would have to build them for older versions again. Would you like to
have it for older version, too, or from now on...

> Also, is there some reason we cannot publish the html version of the
> manual on the website directly as html?

no reason, but we will have to test, if the new styles can be converted to
html. If it works I would also like to have the new manual online as html. I
also thought we add the html version to QGIS sources, so everybody installing
QGIS has a local html copy to work with. Currently it is the PDF.

regards,
 Otto