[Qgis-community-team] sec 8.2.1 - CRS automatically set by 1st loaded layer

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 04:59:32 EST 2009

Hi Werner,

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:49:17 +0100
Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want I can take a closer look on chapter "Working with
> Projections" as I run into troubles lately anyway.

yes, would be great.

> So I just take the manual and look if everything is working as described
> (expected).
>
> Is there any solution to the .prj problems available or is it just a
> thing of ESRI writing .prj out wrong?

Your data were handled as if they do not have any CRS information (although
they have). The reason might be, that ESRI uses a slightly different WKT Style
that QGIS does not understand.

We should try to investigate that further on the mailing lists within the
already started thread: http://n2.nabble.com/Projection-td2112073.html

regards,
 Otto