[Qgis-community-team] Manual team chapter progress

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:06:13 EDT 2009

Hi Manual Team,

I would like to check in with everyone in terms of where they are with
their Manual chapters. If you could please let the list know if you are
done your sections, that would be great, because Otto and I would like
to wrap-up as much of the manual as possible next week.

A reminder that this release includes several new features/items,
including (among other things):

# Marker size is now configurable when editing a layer.
# Incorporation of the analysis library into the mainstream release.
[Does not need to be in the user manual]
# Identify features across multiple layers. [Needs to be added]
# Added a new plugin for carrying out raster terrain analysis (computing
slope aspect, steepness etc). [Added already by me]
# A reshape tool to apply to line/polygon geometries. The part of a
geometry between the first and last intersection of the reshape line
will be replaced. [Needs to be added]
# Added snapping to current layer in measure dialog. [Needs to be added]
# Added ability to select the primary key for views. [Needs to be added]
# Zoom to a coordinate by entering it in the status bar coordinate
display. [Needs to be added]
# Added ability to rotate point symbols. [Needs to be added]
# and more...
#

Once we have an idea of where everyone is, we can start to think about
finishing things up and branching for translators etc.

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer