[Qgis-community-team] Manual team chapter progress

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sat Oct 3 16:02:39 EDT 2009

Carson Farmer wrote:
> Hi Manual Team,
>
> I would like to check in with everyone in terms of where they are with
> their Manual chapters. If you could please let the list know if you
> are done your sections, that would be great, because Otto and I would
> like to wrap-up as much of the manual as possible next week.

The GRASS plugin section seems to be detailed enough.
> A reminder that this release includes several new features/items,
> including (among other things):
>
> # Marker size is now configurable when editing a layer.
> # Incorporation of the analysis library into the mainstream release.
> [Does not need to be in the user manual]
> # Identify features across multiple layers. [Needs to be added]
If I understand correctly, you can set certain layers to be
identifiable, and others not identifiable. But I don't understand what
this does.  The identify button always works, and *only* on the selected
layer.
> # Added a new plugin for carrying out raster terrain analysis (computing
> slope aspect, steepness etc). [Added already by me]
> # A reshape tool to apply to line/polygon geometries. The part of a
> geometry between the first and last intersection of the reshape line
> will be replaced. [Needs to be added]
> # Added snapping to current layer in measure dialog. [Needs to be added]
I added a short explanation to the Measuring section. I also expanded
slightly the Snapping section (in Working with Vectors).

--
Micha