[Qgis-community-team] Questions about translation

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Aug 26 03:29:58 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:00:56 +0300
schrieb Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> we start translating QGIS User Guide to Russian. And there is first
> question about process.
> Some source files may contain text like this
>
> \index{vector layers!ESRI shapefiles}
> \index{shapefiles}
> \index{ESRI!shapefiles}
> \index{SHP files}
>
> As I understand, this is entries for index. Should we translate this
> entries or leave them in English?
> I look at the original English PDF, but can't find any index. Then I
> look at the user_guide.tex and find
> next comments
>
> %\input{literature}
> %\input{index} untested, remind me to check it when the 1.5 release is
> flagged

yes, seems to be missing. I guess Jean Roc commented the index in the style
file when we migrated to pdflatex. If he manages to make them work again, it
would of course make sense to translate the Index files to Russian as well.

It is not commented, because we don't want to use it anymore. It is just
not migrated yet.